Monday, August 21, 2017

Lavender

hearts and found dolly dress

I've done my fair share of adventuring this summer, which makes me happy. My mom and I have wanted to go to the Finger Lakes Lavender Festival at Lockwood Lavender Farm for a few years now and we finally made it out this year! It was actually a bit smaller than I was expecting, but it was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun. I really hate taking photos in public, but I managed to get past my self-consciousness for a few shots.

purple gingham dress
hearts and found dress
lavender

It was too hot, sunny, and crowded to spend much time on getting the perfect photo, but I wanted to at least capture the perfect dress! This purple gingham number from Hearts and Found couldn't have been better for the occasion (and the heat). It's definitely a scene-stealer, for sure! I'd been wanting to try this Dolly style for a while, and even though I was apprehensive it wouldn't work on me due to my bust, I was very pleasantly surprised at the result. I think the structure of the dress makes it a bit short-waisted on my frame, but it's really comfy and low maintenance.

finger lakes lavender festival
Outfit Details
Custom Dolly Dress in Lavender Gingham: Hearts and Found
Boater Hat: available here   ||   Flats: Aerosoles

gingham dress
boater hat
lavender herb

After we had our fill of the festival, we wanted to walk around Skaneateles. Unfortunately, everyone else had the same idea. We couldn't even find a place to park! We eventually had to give up and decided to stop over at Mirbeau for a little snack. I'd love to stay there sometime! The garden is so beautiful there. All in all, it was a really nice way to spend the day with my mom and be surrounded by nature.

lavender gingham dress

Have a great start to your week!

3 comments:

  1. I was at a hot air balloon festival this past weekend and had the exact same experience - SO hot and SO many people! We did our best with photos (you know I saved my UV hot air balloon dress for this!) but yeah, it was just craziness! Love filling my summer with adventures - glad you have had some good ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress on you! I just recently blogged the same colour and fabric from Hearts and Found but in a different style dress! Here's the link: https://missmillacherry.blogspot.com.au/2017/08/purple-gingham.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...