Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Country Cutie

dolly and dotty sophie dress

As an introvert who spends most of her working hours (and some of her non-working hours) in front of a screen, it can be easy to forget how important it is for me to get outside and spend some time in nature. Actually, one of the reasons I still really enjoy blogging is that it almost forces me to spend time outdoors and allows me to reset mentally and emotionally. Studies have found that spending time in nature is incredibly restorative and reduces stress and depression, so even though I wouldn't consider myself an "outdoorsy" person, I've been trying to soak up these nice days and spend as much time as I can outside. 

dolly and dotty

This past weekend was really great, and I think that has a lot to do with the fact that I spent a significant amount of time outdoors with people I love. As I mentioned on Instagram, I went peach-picking with my mom, went to a local nature park with my boyfriend, and went to a huge sunflower field extravaganza (photos coming soon!) all in the span of a couple of days. We might not be able to get down to the lake again this summer, which has now become a favorite summertime activity, so I'm glad I was able to take a few photos in this cornfield near the lake house.

red plaid dress
cornfield
red checkered dress

I actually already own this Dolly and Dotty dress in the black and white colorway, and I wear it ALL THE TIME. (I styled this version here.) Chances are that if you've seen me in real life this summer, I've been wearing it. It's super comfy and appropriate for virtually any summertime activity. Another great thing is that the fabric is sturdy enough to go braless, which means it's an awesome grab-and-go option (and makes a good swimsuit coverup!). I was eager to style the red version because 1) I can always use another casual, lightweight dress and 2) it reminds me of picnic tablecloths and there's literally nothing better than that to end the summer. 

red checked dress
Outfit Details
Sophie Check Dress in Red: c/o Dolly and Dotty
Boater hat: similar  ||  Necklace: similar
Flats: Aerosoles

dolly & dotty

Do you have any Labor Day plans? I'm not sure what we're doing (if anything), but during this week/weekend, I'd really like to go to a baseball game, go swimming, go on walks, and eat lots of food. With everything that's going on right now, I feel very fortunate to be able to even look forward to these kinds of things and enjoy the rest of summer.

red buffalo check dress

Have a great rest of your week and have a safe holiday!

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute checkered skirt! I love dolly & dottie. I have a few dresses of them myself and they are so comfy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...