Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Leopard

leopard dress unique vintage

Leopard is one of those ubiquitous, go-to pinup prints, but I've never had much of it in my wardrobe. Over the last year or so, I've found myself drawn to it more and more, especially when it's done well. So when I saw this dress by The Pretty Dress Company – a brand that's carried in the U.S. exclusively by Unique Vintage – I was really eager to try it out.

unique vintage hepburn leopard dress
leopard dress pinup
the pretty dress company leopard hepburn dress

I've owned a couple of other dresses by The Pretty Dress Company in the past. Their quality tends to be really great and their dresses seem to be universally flattering. Given how their other brand dresses fit me (i.e., quite large in the bust), I expected this style would be a bit loose up top. But actually, this dress was a bit tight in the arms and in the bust area. It zips up and I think it looks quite nice on, but if you're concerned about lifting your arms or know you need a bit of extra room for the ladies, I'd recommend sizing up in this style. Other than that, I found this frock to be just lovely. The fact that it has longer sleeves is a real plus for the winter, and I love that this fabric didn't even need to be steamed when I took it out of the box!

leopard dress vintage
vintage brooch top hat cane
rockabilly pinup leopard dress
Outfit Details
Leopard Print Hepburn Dress: c/o Unique Vintage
Brooch: vintage (similar)
Hat: vintage (similar)
Boots: Miss L-Fire
Tights: similar

leopard print dress vintage pinup

In other news, my show opened this weekend, and we have school shows later this week. While it's been a fun experience, I'll be glad to have evenings to myself again. I've been under a lot of stress (a massage is definitely in order!), so I'm looking forward to taking a break from performing. It won't be forever, of course, but I'm going to be a lot pickier about the projects to which I commit. While I used to be in as many shows as possible a few years ago, my priorities are a lot different now. And that's totally okay. I know myself better now, and for that, I'm grateful.

4 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! I wish I could get away with wearing leopard print, it just doesn't suit me :(

    Rachael xx.
    theteacozykitchen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo I adore this outfit so much! That hat is precious and that little brooch is just adorable! It's perfect for this dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leopard print looks so good on you, I love this dress! The brooch, hat and those amazing boots work so well with the dress. I am yet to try this brand but I plan to soon. I hope that you get that massage!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more with you on leopard print! It's done so often, but it needs to be done well for me to want it!

    I love how you paired it with those Miss L Fires! I was so tempted to buy those when they were released!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...