Monday, August 17, 2015

Popcorn Love

popcorn dress

Have you ever wished for an imaginary dress to exist... only to have your wish come true?? This was the first time that's ever happened to me – with the kooky novelty print of my dreams! I had been hoping to find a popcorn dress for a while now, and when this one showed up on ModCloth, I had to get it immediately. Because my dear friend Rusty (who is not only one of my favorite people but is also one of the biggest supporters of my blog) is my kitschy kindred spirit, I asked if he'd like to tag along for a day of film-themed fun!

cinema theater rochester ny
original penguin carnival food shirt
OP carnival food shirt
popcorn print dress
the little theatre rochester ny

I originally wanted to take a trip to an older drive-in theater in Avon, NY for this popcorn post, but because it's quite a drive and they weren't showing anything we were interested in seeing, we decided to nix the long trip in favor of visiting a couple of old movie houses right in the city. Although many of the older theaters are long gone, we're lucky enough to still have the Cinema Theater and The Little Theatre here in town; both have such beautiful and charming features, and I think it's so important to keep independent theaters like these alive. Rusty and I took some photos at the Cinema before heading over to The Little to see Me and Earl and the Dying Girl (which I highly recommend!). I bet you can tell from Rusty's outfit that he and I are like two style peas in a pod (or kernels on a cob?)!

popcorn purse
the little theatre
popcorn necklace
popcorn dress retrolicious
Sammi's Outfit Details
Tonight's Pop Story Dress: ModCloth
Popcorn purse: available at Unique Vintage
Popcorn neckace: ASOS
Mel by Melissa wedges: similar
Pettiskirt: Amazon

junk food shirt
Rusty's Outfit Details
Carnival Food Shirt: Original Penguin
Shorts: J.Crew Factory (similar)
Hat: similar  //  Belt: similar
Sunglasses: J.Crew Factory
Shoes: Aldo

popcorn outfit

Have you seen any good movies lately? I've recently seen Inside Out, Trainwreck and Shaun the Sheep (all of which I really liked). Amy and Mr. Holmes are on my list, but let me know if there are any others you think I should add!

Have a great start to your week!

10 comments:

  1. You've outdone yourself with this one, Sammi! So CUTE!! The shoes, the purse, the NECKLACE!! Ahhh they were each made for this dress. Amazing! Love Rusty's shirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is ADORABLE! <3
    You look fab!

    alittle-eccentric.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both are beayond CUTE!
    Cuteness OVERLOAD! ♥♥♥
    Love the background for these pics, looks just so sweet and you guys are like eye candy!

    ♥ HAPPY MONDAY! ♥

    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! I love the print! Rusty's shirt is brilliant! My husband LOVES Original Penguin clothing so I might just go and check that link out!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great print- and how fun that you celebrated the print by going to these cool cinemas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super-duper adorable outfit! That popcorn bucket purse is slaying me and putting a huge smile on my face - and a craving for popcorn in my tummy! :D

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore how you styled this. I almost bought that fabric to make a dress to wear to a pair of movie loving friends, I may just have to now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat old theater! The perfect place for this outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I LOVE IT! Your popcorn bag is too cute with that dress! And with that necklace too! You and your friend Rusty make such a cute pair with your outfits! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...